RE: Build errors on Windows

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:22:13 +0000

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Surely that define is present in some windows header file we
> should better include rather than to define it ourselves?

Unfortunately not. The examples on MSDN simple use the numeric values [1].

I guess we have the option of defining those values ourselves, 0x00, 0x02, 0x04 and 0x06 (similar to Gisle's fix) or using the numeric values in code?

Additionally, we might have some issues with using access() under Windows:

a) It is deprecated (although still usable) in preference of _access()
b) _waccess() is supposed to be use for wide characters - should we be using this under Unicode builds?

I will stop my pushing of my commits (Digest SSPI support) and do some build testing.

Kind Regards

Steve

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1w06ktdy.aspx