MultiCurl C++

From: Andy Litunenko <andynador_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 22:06:11 +0600

Hello! My name is Andy L. Please, help me with example http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/multi-app.html . I don't understand lines from 73 to 121 - why you get file descriptors from the transfers, when check its status with select() function and if it returns zero or positive numbers of changed descriptors you run curl_multi_perform to read data? I replace that lines with simple
do {
      curl_multi_perform(multi_handle, &still_running);
} while(still_running);
and I don't notice anything changes in result and performance of program. Please explain me, what ideas I don't catch.