Re: release and daily-snapshot tarballs

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 05:30:39 +0100

Hi Dennis,
On 27.10.2014 05:18, dev wrote:
> I'm using the method Daniel suggested to me. which goes directly to the
> git source.
>
> I *was* scrapeing the download page.
and what was wrong with it?

> Could do that again or just wait for the git release notes to get in
> sync with the actual version.
these mismatches happened a couple of times in the past, and I guess
they will happen in the future too; its not clear from the beginning if
the next release will end up with a new major version, or only with a
minor bumb ...
on the other side the tags on the download page are always reliable
because they are written *automatically* when the tarballs are created,
so they reflect *always* the correct filename (unless the tarball script
is broken) ...

> I hate re-writing something that was working just fine. Just fine.

the snippet I showed you in last mail is really fairly simple, so no big
deal to intregrate it into another script ...

well, your choice - I only wanted to help ... ;-)

Gün.