Re: SFTP problems

From: Ray Satiro <raysatiro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:06:16 -0400

On 10/22/2014 10:32 AM, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> "Daniel Karunairatnam" <daniel.karunairatnam_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> okay, so i opened one of those. but the librarian node isn't there.
>> Which
>> configuration do i need to change it to to access the librarian node?
>> The
>> instructions in the link you posted before require some changes there.
>
> I have no idea. But CmakeFiles seems more up-to-date. And you
> can use Cmake to generate Solution files. Like at the bottom.
> Cut and save to cmake-build.bat. I guess libsh2 can be build using
> Cmake + a generated .sln-file too.
>
> The 'OPENSSL_NO_KRB5' is needed since I doubt anyone on Windows
> has Kerberos. I just tried it and got a libcurl.dll + libcurl_imp.lib
> in .\lib\Win32\Release.
>
> But curl.exe failed to build due to a fault in generated
> src/tool_hugehelp.c:
>
> "/* built-in manual is disabled, blank function */"
> "#include \"tool_hugehelp.h\""
> "void hugehelp(void) {}"

There might be a better way to do this but you can generate the hugehelp
manually using the tools nroff,perl,tr that come with msysgit (Git for
Windows). hugehelp is for the curl -M option to output the whole manual.
You would also have to define USE_MANUAL. Run this from git bash to
generate tool_hugehelp.c:
nroff -man docs/curl.1 | perl src/mkhelp.pl docs/MANUAL | tr -d '\r' >
src/tool_hugehelp.c

CMake for target Visual Studio has problems, doesn't it? That has been
discussed on the mailing list a few times I think. I had taken a look at
it and proposed some hack but to fix it a CMake enthusiast will need to
come in and figure it out (ie not me). Is it even worth supporting I
don't know because there are two working build methods I am aware of,
one in the winbuild directory and one in projects\Windows. Since I make
changes to libcurl in the IDE I prefer the projects\Windows one although
after generating the files I have modified them for my own purposes. The
downside of the projects\Windows is each configuration is a dependency
combination which is overwhelming. There are 24 already. I remove them
and just make it Debug and Release for the combination I work with. With
CMake you can just choose whatever combination you want and it's going
to RelWithDebug or whatever. I'm not aware of any good way to work with
libcurl in the IDE using the winbuild method (short of manually
recreating the project) but if you aren't going to be modifying the
libcurl code it doesn't matter. Which build method is best and what
people are actually using I don't know. I've asked before but didn't
receive many replies.

Another thing I do is I use the curlbuild.h.dist generic include. I
don't know if that is recommended but it seems to work well. Since when
I checkout from the git repo there is no curlbuild.h I added a symbolic
link so that it points to curlbuild.h.dist. mklink curlbuild.h
curlbuild.h.dist. That way whatever commit I checkout out I'm using the
curlbuild.h.dist from that commit. Do not do it if you are using CMake
since it has its own template that it works from.