Re: SFTP problems

From: Daniel Karunairatnam <daniel.karunairatnam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:09:09 +1100

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 7:32 AM, Daniel Karunairatnam <
daniel.karunairatnam_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22/10/2014 5:50 AM, "Ray Satiro" <raysatiro_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/21/2014 8:55 AM, Guenter wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Daniel,

> >> I think what Ray mainly wanted to say is that sftp basically works on
> Windows (and also on Windows 8).
> >> But these binaries are build with the MinGW compiler, and even if it
> might be possible to use the *.a libs (after converting to .lib) from MSVC
> it is not recommended; in general it is also not recommended to use MSVC
> pre-build binaries with MSVC unless you know exactly with which MSVC
> version + settings they were build.
> >> That means for you that you should build libcurl + any needed
> dependency libs with *your* MSVC version from scratch, and then build your
> example and link against your own created libs.
> >> For your use case you would have to build at least:
> >> OpenSSL
> >> libssh2 (linked against your OpenSSL version)
> >> libcurl (linked against your libssh2 version)
> >

> > Yes, and I tried under Windows 8 x64 using pageant and it worked fine to
> do a directory listing. The directions I followed to install freeSSHd can
> be found at [1]. I installed it in a Windows 7 x64 VM.
> >
> > How did you build libssh2 Daniel? There is a document on the curl
> website for building OpenSSL, libssh2 and libcurl that can be found at [2].
> I have a build process that is more complicated if that doesn't work.
> Please heed to Gün's advice and don't make .lib files from the .a files.
> >
> > [1]:
> https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/v1r1m0/topic/com.ibm.iea.wpi_v6/wa/6.2/FTP/WBPMv62_IEA_AdapterInstallConfigureSSHServerLab.pdf?dmuid=20090217132204643973
> > [2]:
> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/Using-libcurl-with-SSH-support-in-Visual-Studio-2010.pdf
>
> Hi, yeah i compiled my .lib file originally in msvc 10+.
> But that still produced a problem.
> The stack error appears in the openssl.c file.
>
> I'll try the instructions at the link you sent too tonight thanks.

okay...im trying to follow the instructions. when I compiled openssl and
tried the test command rsa_test stopped working and bftest.exe was missing
but i continued on. But what curl file do I download from the website?
every file I try doesn't have a vcproj file in the /lib directory?!?!