RE: Questions and proposals about SSL and pinned public key

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 16:25:33 +0200

Moparisthebest wrote:

> I don't think you can do both 4 and 5...

Yes we can (tm!), providing we convert PEM to DER internally. I was not
thinking about using backend-specific function to handle the file
format: You already started by reading it using fopen()/fread()/fclose()
and I think coding our own PEM-->DER conversion is not a huge job (we
already have base64 support). In addition, not all backends provide APIs
to read ASN.1 objects.
For now, point 4 has already been applied.

> ... I also agree with bagder that direct data should be a different
option entirely.
See my reply to Daniel's e-mail. I'm open to all opinions/suggestions.

Thanks for this feature.
Patrick