Re: Memory leak in libcurl's curl_schannel.c (maybe)

From: <myriachan_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:54:50 -0700

Thank you for this patch - that did seem rather obvious =)

Unfortunately, we are still seeing this occur even after merging this fix. I definitely agree about the reference counting being difficult to track.

Melissa

On 01.10.2014 09:08 Melissa wrote:
> In our project, we're getting memory leak reports from our crash report system at program shutdown of our Windows builds. The leak is that connssl->cred in curl_schannel.c is not being freed.

thanks for your bug report!

I just pushed a patch for at least one obvious possible memory leak to
the repository:
https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/330346d51c1a11a7607349e364c417fccfc42ef5

Please check if that solves the memory or handle leak already. Otherwise
it is probably an issue with the way libcurl's caching mechanism is used
by the SChannel implementation. Especially the internal reference
counting mechanism makes it quite hard to follow through and debug.

Best regards,
Marc