Building libcurl for android - proposed documentation change

From: Daniel Jacobs <djacobs7_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 16:07:22 -0700

I was trying to build libcurl for android, and I noticed something
confusing in the documentation.

I spent 15 minutes looking for build/tools/make-standalone-toolchain within
the curl repo. I think making this small documentation change will prevent
someone from making this same mistake in the future.

I wanted to propose making the following change:

- prepare the toolchain of the Android NDK for standalone use; this can be
done by invoking the script:- ./build/tools/make-standalone-toolchain.sh-
which creates a usual cross-compile toolchain. Lets assume that you put+
./build/tools/make-standalone-toolchain.sh from your Android ndk directory
(e.g. android-ndk-r10b ).+ This creates a usual cross-compile toolchain.
Lets assume that you put this toolchain below /opt then invoke configure
with something like: export PATH=/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/bin:$PATH
./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi [more configure options]

My apologies if my formatting is terrible; or if this is the wrong mailing
list for this sort of thing.