RE: FTP resume libcurl 7.15 to 7.37

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 23:20:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2014, Bentham, Dave wrote:

> Our philosophy is "if it ain't broke, donąt fix it" - hence 8 years with
> v7.15.

You have my full understanding for that and I would do the same. I'm not
criticizing, I'm more just happy that it has been working that well for you
for such a long time.

> but with v7.37.1, which donąt
>
>> REST 40544 [CR]
>
> i.e. there's an extra space character after the offset, which the server (MS
> IIS) rejects, returning 501 & showing in its log

That's a bit of a mystery to me. Looking at the code (lib/ftp.c) I see no
place where it would add a space after the number. The REST command is sent in
the ftp_state_retr() function. Can you single-step into there and see how
Curl_pp_vsendf() can end up sending an extra space?