Re: Compilation issue: linking to openssl with absolute path?

From: Michael Mueller <abaci.mjm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 10:02:06 -0400

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:02 AM, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:

>That also means that if the library is not in a
> standard location at run-time you must separately ensure that the dynamic
> linker is able to find it (e.g. by mentioning it in /etc/ld.so.conf).

...if you have root privileges...which I never have on production
systems. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is what we use. That's the direction I'm
headed today. The -R and -rpath options (works on Linux; not so much
for me on SunOS 5.10) apparently locks libcurl into using only the
path specified. I've been informed that our installs cannot rely on
being in the same location on all systems, so -R is no longer an
option for me.

I'm going back to using PKG_CONFIG_PATH since I no longer want to set -R.

Can OP post ./configure command line being used?