Re: How to cleanly close the curl socket in case of multi interface?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 22:51:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014, nikhil ap wrote:

>> "Not that I can think of, no. We have never seen a need or desire for API
>> methods that would make that possible."
>
> Okay thanks! I would like to write an API which maps each easy handle to a
> single socket. How should I go about in doing this?

If I would do it, I would first consider how it should be controlled from the
API (as it is certainly not clear to me) and then I would continue and make
sure the code does what it is supposed to so that the promises of the API can
be kept. How to do the code of course depends on a lot on how exactly the
functionality is supposed to work. I would write up test cases to verify that
the changes actually also perform as intended.

You will probably find that you need to roll up your sleaves and get poking on
code and that it will require slightly more than an afternoon hacking session
to get it working.