Re: Libcurl: Using libcurl, is it possible to create a list of GET requests for the same easy handle?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:04:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014, nikhil ap wrote:

> 1. I should fix the number of TCP connections to 5000 by setting it using
> CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS.

You also mentioned 15000 connections later on, so I guess you then need to
change this value dynamically. If not, you must really rely on extensive use
of pipelining or just wait a lot for those 15000 transfers to complete...

> 2. If there are no handles available, I can create a easy handle on the fly
> and use that to send the request.

Yes, and each easy handle you add to the multi handle can potentially use its
own connection.

> 3. So I can in fact in one second can have 5000 TCP concurrent connections
> sending 15000 requests using 15000 handles.

Yes, if you are so lucky that you can pipeline that many connections.

> 4. This also means that for a single connection, before we have received 200
> OK for a request, we would have sent another request which is what I am
> looking for.

You add easy handles to the multi handle. If you then have pipelining enabled
and libcurl has deemed that it works for a particular connection, then the
subsequent transfers to the same host can be attempted to get done pipelined.
Yes.