RE: Curl timeout reached for POST request with size > 9MB

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:54:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Gaurav Rastogi -X (garastog - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES MAURIITIUS LIMITED at Cisco) wrote:

> Do you recommend to increase the timeout value in this case?

You're top-posting, we lose the context of which we're talking every time you
do that. Apart from it being

I would first confirm that my thesis is correct as otherwise you might be
looking for another solution.

But if you have a too short timeout set, then I'd advice you to do one or more
of the following (and really, you didn't need me to write any of these you
could've just used your own imagination):

1. Make the upload faster (by fixing the network or the server)

2. Change from timeout to a speed limit instead to be more flexible with
    different networks and upload sizes

3. Send less data, possibly by compressing it first

4. Increase the fixed timeout value