Re: curl-java

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:33:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014, Eric Klumpp wrote:

> I would like to use libcurl in a Java program. I wanted to download
> curl-java as described on http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/java/ But the link
> doesn't work: I get a browser timeout.
>
> Is it a temporary problem ? Or Java binding is no more maintained ?

*All* language bindings are done and maintained by other projects and teams.
All bindings we link to, we do to help people find them.

The cURL project only does the C API for libcurl.

Unfortunately this means that some sites and projects we refer to sometimes
stop working and the projects vanish. In this case, I don't know what happened
to it, I don't know if it'll come back and I don't know if there's an
alternative location for the package.

Perhaps the time has come for someone to start a new project to make a good
libcurl binding for Java?