How to handle errors related to limit on multiple connections from same client

From: Vishakha Vaidya <vvaidya_at_adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 11:38:02 +0000

Hi,

I using CURL multi interface for ftp. The server is external and has a limit on the number of simultaneous connections from the same client, which is unknown. When I am transferring multiple files, some transfers fail because of this limit. How can I best handle this scenario, such that all files are transferred successfully? The error that I get is either CURLE_LOGIN_DENIED or CURLE_RECV_ERROR or CURLE_SEND_ERROR. But these errors can occur in other scenarios as well, like loss of network connection. Is there a single error that indicates failed transfer is due to a limit on the server?

I have a retry logic, which queues the requests identified by the handles and add them again using curl_multi_add_handle.

Thanks and regards,
Vishakha