RE: [bagder/curl] f18737: sasl_sspi: Fixed SPN not being converted to wchar ...

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 21:38:48 +0100

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> > However, I meant "comments are welcome".
>
> I'm not sure, but maybe a simple:
> #undef _UNICODE
> #undef UNICODE
>
> at the top of ldap.c should work.

I honestly don't know if that would be sufficient - I'm certainly no Unicode expert. I believe the Windows ASCII functions eventually call through to the wide functions but I don't know enough about it to say whether they perform a conversion of UTF8 to wchar or just ASCII to wchar.

> Otherwise things like 'struct hostname::name' in urldata.h should be turned
> into 'TCHAR*'. I hope that doesn't happen.

I believe, and I could be completely wrong here, that when compiled with either IDN or Unicode under Windows that char * variables such as this one hold the UTF8 version of the string and then we call Curl_convert_UTF8_to_tchar() when calling wide Windows functions, for example, to perform the necessary conversion.

However, as I said I'm not an expert in this area and I will bow down to other's better knowledge - that's why I submitted the patch here rather than pushing it myself ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve