fallback from HTTP 1.1 to HTTP 1.0 for multiple curl sessions

From: Girish Aher <girishaher_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 00:40:54 +0530

Hello List,

I am using libcurl in a multi-threaded program wherein each thread has its
own curl session handle as per the documentation. All the sessions talk to
the same destination web server to upload data over http and they pass
through a **HTTP 1.0** proxy.

My question here - I understand (and I hope to be right here) that a curl
connection ascertains from the proxy response that it needs to fallback
(from the default 1.1) to HTTP 1.0 for further communication on same
session handle. So, does libcurl maintain some kind of global cache that
all the the other session handles in the other threads (or connections
within the same handle) may use and know to start with HTTP 1.0 instead of
the default HTTP 1.1?

I cannot do a setopt to force HTTP 1.0 for every session handle since my
program may use various proxies over time. What would be the best approach
here?

Appreciate any guidance here.

--G