Re: Call for libcurl cmake users/maintainers!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 00:19:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, Jakub Zakrzewski wrote:

> we already have a CMake-based build system for our product and we'd really
> would like to extend it to also build our dependencies. Right now we build
> everything manually on each platform, what is a pain.

The alternatives to cmake that we already have are not "doing everything
manually" though!

> Therefore we're planning to start building curl with cmake instead of
> separate scripts for each platform.

... and that assumes the cmake build is actually good enough for you!

> Not ot mention, that one can open a CMake-enabled things as a project or
> generate project files for a number of IDEs.

I'm not saying anything against cmake as a tool and technology in general. I'm
only talking about its continued existance as a "supported" build system for
curl and libcurl.