Re: Porting libcurl on embedded system with proprietary OS

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 20:55:06 +0200

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 09:52:11AM -0400, Jon Torrey wrote:
> I am interested in cross-compiling on Linux for ARM INTEGRITY as it seems most
> similar to what I am running.
>
> The example provided within install.html leaves me a tad confused on how to get
> prepared.  I've done a file grep inside the configure script to see which
> targets/hosts/etc are supported and I don't get any useful results.  Even
> blindly doing ./configure --host=arm-integrity --target=arm-inte...and so on
> throws errors (as expected).  I am going to assume the script looks for
> arguments passed from the command line to determine the platform it needs to
> configure for and that is why I did a search.  I have access to any INTEGRITY
> files including the manuals, fyi.

Many platform-specific differences are taken care of inside libtool, and
you'll find many references to specific platforms there. If you're using a
GNU toolchain, the --host= arguments will be a part of the compiler name.
If you're not, then try setting the compiler (and if needed, linker,
assembler, etc.) explicitly with the environment variables CC et. al. (as
described in INSTALL) and configure should detect that you're cross-compiling
and do the right thing.

>>> Dan