Porting libcurl on embedded system with proprietary OS

From: Jon Torrey <ntox101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:39:00 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am currently attempting to port over libcurl to an ARM-based embedded
system with a proprietary operating system. After practicing building on
both Linux and Windows and capturing the output of the process in text
files and reading over them, I have what might be an easy question to
answer :

Say I am using Linux to create a build with all of the features I
want/don't want. What is the process/order in which these files are made
as I am to configure the build myself. My main goal is to be able to make
HTTP/HTTPS request. I do have a ported version of the openssl library on
the system and I need to use that.

I guess the real question is, how is curl_config.h obtained? I am going to
assume it is generated using the configure script and if the system does
not support configure, you must use a configure-*.h file for whatever
system you have.

I would also like to know all of the key files that are involved in
building libcurl. Key files meaning configure files and files with
pre-processor defines.

Thanks,

JT