Re: Issue with http_chunks.c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:57:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, Glen A Johnson Jr. wrote:

> Cmake was run with and configured a 32 bit set up on this since we need both
> 32 bit and 64 bit configurations as well as multiple versions of visual
> studio. The 64 bit configuration was added from with visual studio.

We don't typically support building for multiple platforms like that, you
should re-run the configure/cmake script for that. I'm not even sure what it
means to add a configuration with visual studio.

> I see in your roadmap you are looking to remove cmake support. If you were
> not I would suggest doing less in the curl_config.h and not bypassing
> config-win32 which addresses several issues other than the typedef of
> ssize_t.

I can see how you think so, coming from a Windows world. But config-win32 is
mostly a hack to start with and if life was good it wouldn't even exist and
everything would be generated by cmake/configure. That's how it works on
everything that is *nix like.

This said, having both a generated curl_config.h (that can be generated with
two different scripts) and a manually edited config-win32 file of course takes
some juggling to get right.

If you have specific suggestions on what to improve and how, then please
provide patches. I personally don't build for windows and I don't use cmake so
I'm not in a good position to fix those things myself.