Re: My application does not work properly for some people

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 13:16:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014, Anker Works wrote:

> It works fine for everybody but there is a guy who sometimes get these
> errors (from curl_easy_strerror output): "Transferred a partial file" and
> "Failed to get data from the peer".

I assume you mean "Failure when receiving data from the peer" in the latter
case. That's what curl_easy_strerror() returns for CURLE_RECV_ERROR.

I would say both errors could indicate that the user has a flaky connection
with something causing problems that messes up the TCP connections for him.

> This person have a bad internet connection and I suppose that's the reason
> why he has the error. However, when he tries to download something from
> another application, he only has slow speed and everything works fine. So I
> think the problem should be in my application.

I don't think you can trigger these problems in your application and I suspect
the correlation between these problems and "it works fine in other
applications at the same time" is very hard to judge and are at best a guess
unless you really stort to monitor the traffic and measure what's happening.

> Is there any way to make my application works for this guy too?

I don't think you can avoid these errors in his place. You can only do your
best at handling these errors and retry or work around them in other ways.