Re: Issue with http_chunks.c

From: Glen A Johnson Jr. <glenajohnsonjr_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:34:15 -0400

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 22:39:09 +0200 (CEST)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se <mailto:daniel_at_haxx.se> >

To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se
<mailto:curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> >

Subject: Re: . Re: Issue with http_chunks.c

<mailto:alpine.DEB.2.00.1407202235220.12603_at_tvnag.unkk.fr> >

>On Sun, 20 Jul 2014, Glen A Johnson Jr. wrote:

>> I'm using visual studio 2013.

>> With a 64 bit compile size_t is an 8 byte value.

>> ssize_t which is typedefed as long is a 4 byte value;

>Oh, yeah that's wrong. On win64 ssize_t cannot be a long, it needs to be a
proper 64bit value, size_t but signed.

>> I don't think this is specific to visual studio however some Unix

>> systems probably allocate long as 8 bytes in a 64bit build. Given the

>> existing code listed below:

>All 64 bit systems known to man *except* win64, use 64bit longs. So yeah,
this is a win64 specific problem.

>Where is ssize_t typedefed to a long? Shouldn't it be defined to use
__int64 in lib/config-win32.h on line 379 ?

The project was imported with cmake so HAVE_CONFIG_H was defined at line 39
of curl_setup.h therefore curl_config.h (output from CMAKE) is used and on
line 941 of curl_config.h ssize_t is defined as long.

I removed the HAVE_CONFIG_H define and added the ldap library that cmake had
disabled and the problem is corrected.

Glen Johnson

Phone: 321-696-3122

Email: glenajohnsonjr_at_msn.com