Re: Issue in url.c (Dan Fandrich)

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 21:02:39 +0200

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:17:42AM -0400, Glen A Johnson Jr. wrote:
> The patch you suggest would allow the code I’m working on to function however
> if you consider the case where use_netrc is set to CURL_NETRC_REQUIRED this
> would lead to a successful return from override_login if home is not found in
> netrc.c. I’m not sure if anyone is counting on it returning a failure in this
> case but you can see the logic.

I see what you mean, but I don't think the documentation implies as much. This
patch unifies the handling of homedir not found with the file not found is
currently handled, which also doesn't bail out even if CURL_NETRC_REQUIRED is
set. The way I read the documentation (and the code), CURL_NETRC_REQUIRED just
means that login information in the URL will be ignored and will come from
.netrc, so if .netrc is empty/doesn't exist/has no info on that host, then it's
treated as no authentication is necessary. Or do you read more into that?

>>> Dan