Re: problem using NTLM authentication with default OS credentials

From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2_at_infradead.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:17:42 +0100

On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 10:21 +0200, Michael-O wrote:

> Providing ':' will only work with SSPI, on Linux/Unix, there is not
> NTLM password cache. ':' works only with a Kerberos credential cache.

That isn't strictly true. Samba/winbind has an NTLM password cache, and
it works fine via the /usr/bin/ntlm_auth helper tool or libwbclient.

Firefox uses this to authenticate to HTTP servers, as does libsoup.

I've also just fixed the GSS-NTLMSSP module to do it, at least in my
local tree. And thus libcurl ought to work... well, it would if it
correctly did SPNEGO for Negotiate auth, rather than just Kerberos.

--
dwmw2