Re: Mac symbol not found: _ber_free

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 12:25:29 -0500

On Jun 27, 2014, at 8:03 PM, Robotic-Brain <curl_at_roboticbrain.de> wrote:

> I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8, which comes with libcurl 6.
> Unfortunately I need libcurl 7 for some program, so I tried compiling it myself.

Is this an application you/your group made or could make, or an application someone else made & you don't have the source code? If the former, then I would recommend you use the static build of libcurl unless you have a reason for needing the dynamic library. If the latter, then I would recommend you upgrade from Snow Leopard, since if the app uses the system libcurl but is linked against a later cat's libcurl, it probably won't run in Snow Leopard anyway, since it was built with a newer deployment target.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>