Re: dead connections are not cleaned up on new requests

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:01:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Frank Meier wrote:

> I devised a patch that would reintroduce the cleanup before other
> connections are established. But if you are wary about the performance this
> should perhaps be configurable by a easy_setopt() directive. What do you
> think?

Thanks!

What do you think about simply making sure that we don't do it again too soon
after we did it the last time? I'm thinking of the use case where an
application adds a thousand new handles to the multi handle basically in a
single shot. Even at "only" a couple of hundred handles, it makes a very large
amount of connection cache traversings that aren't likely to find many new
dead connections.

I'm thinking perhaps just allow one run per second or perhaps once per 5
seconds. I don't think it is worth adding a new option for it...

Apart from that little detail I'm liking the patch and I'd like to merge it.

Oh, and try 'make checksrc' and you'll see some minor code formatting issues
you can fix as well.