Re: the survey summary

From: Dima Tisnek <dimaqq_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:13:39 +0300

Hi Daniel,

basic docs, like curl_easy_setopt are great.
demanding features, e.g. multi interface, are shot.

furthermore I suspect libcurl users who talk to the library in C are a
minority compared to python, php, etc.
documentation for high level languages is left out of scope.

admittedly php.net wiki-style docs are actually quite useful.
on the other hand, whenever I code in Python, I have to look up
libcurl docs and mentally translate interface into my data types.
I'm quite used to it, it works pretty well.
A novice would be lost for sure.

I think it's best summarised that there ought to be two kinds of
documentation corresponding to two user classes:
* libcurl and interface developers
* libcurl/pycurl/php/*/command line end users

d.