Connection getting closed on receiving 401 from server during POST

From: Vivek S <svivekchellam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:50:11 +0530

Hi,

When using libcurl to do POST, connection is closed by it when seeing 401
from the server. Am seeing "HTTP error before end of send, stop sending"
logs at these times.
This is making NTLM handshakes to fail always as it needs single connection
to work properly.

We are not using curl's NTLM option but doing it by adding Authorization
headers ourselves for some reason.
It works fine when using curl's NTLM option and setting user/password
details.

Everything works fine with curl-7.20.1 which we used earlier.

I would like to know whether I need to set some flags to avoid this or this
is some bug in libcurl.

*libcurl Version: *7.37.0
*Configure Options: * --disable-static --disable-dependency-tracking
--enable-fast-install --disable-libtool-lock --enable-ipv6 --disable-imap
--disable-pop3 --disable-smtp --disable-rtsp --disable-file --disable-ldap
--disable-dict --disable-telnet --disable-tftp --disable-manual
--disable-ares --disable-debug --disable-crypto-auth --without-gnutls
--without-ca-bundle --with-random=/dev/urandom --with-libssh2 --enable-ftp
*CFLAGS: *-DMAX_INITIAL_POST_SIZE=0 (removing this helps in POSTing
content-length upto ~14k )
*LDFLAGS: *-lrt
*OS: *Debian 3.2.41-2 x86_64

Can provide you as many details as you need..

Thanks,
- Vivek S