RE: SMTP: CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM vs CURLOPT_USERNAME

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:07:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014, Chandran, Naveen wrote:

>> MAIL FROM:<invalid_email_at_somedomain.com>
> < 250 2.1.0 OK l6sm88100403oeq.0 - gsmtp

But nobody except you know that it is in fact invalid, and you know that due
to some out of band information. The server cannot know it is invalid.

> Kindly let me know if any additional curl option needs to be included to
> ensure that the value passed to CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM is in sync with that
> passed to CURLOPT_USERNAME

How do you mean in sync? There's nothing that says they need to be even
remotely similar or use any similar patterns or names. How would libcurl be
able to check or enforce something like that?