Re: Patches to make testing external proxies more convenient

From: Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 15:05:03 +0200

Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de> wrote:

> Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 21 May 2014, Fabian Keil wrote:
> >
> > > I'm still doing that and would like to get the required runtests.pl changes
> > > upstream after making them more generic.
> >
> > Thanks for keeping it up Fabian. I'm in favor of making sure that the curl
> > test suite can be re-used for more purposes as I believe it can help improving
> > more code and it will help the test suite and thus it also improves curl
> > itself.
>
> Great. I'll look into making the patches more generic in the near feature.

Attached are generic versions of the patches.

Of course I wouldn't mind if all of them got committed, but the last two
could be rendered obsolete by changing the scope of a couple of variables
from "my" to "our" and maybe that would be preferable from your point of
view?

> > > Patch 0003 isn't absolutely required and the chosen syntax turned out to be
> > > flawed
> >
> > ... but you're still proposing we merge it?
>
> Yes, but not in its current form. As there don't seem to be any objections
> against the idea in general, I propose I change the patch to use a more
> convenient syntax. I think it would be sufficient to allow to specify
> multiple test number on the same line. For example I currently need:
>
> test:0030: Expected to fail with Privoxy. In case of missing server headers Privoxy generates an error message the test doesn't expect.
> test:0037: Expected to fail with Privoxy. In case of missing server headers Privoxy generates an error message the test doesn't expect.
> test:0066: Expected to fail with Privoxy. In case of missing server headers Privoxy generates an error message the test doesn't expect.
> test:1079: Expected to fail with Privoxy. In case of missing server headers Privoxy generates an error message the test doesn't expect.
>
> Which could be expressed as:
> test:30, 37, 66, 1079: Expected to fail with Privoxy. In case of missing server headers Privoxy generates an error message the test doesn't expect.

This is done in patch 3, one of the patches I now consider non-essential
due to -R option added in patch 2.

Fabian