Re: excessive bounces?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 12:15:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Jun 2014, Felix E. Klee wrote:

> What I realized is that your message as well as many others sent from
> <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> end up in Gmail's spam filter. With other
> mailing lists I don't see that issue.

I avoid those problems in gmail by marking mails fom the curl mailing lists as
"never spam". It is a small lie because at odd times spam actually get sent
out[1] but primarily it helps to avoid those false positives.

[1] = the spam we do see on this list at times come from subscribed members'
email addresses and from such members that have already posted at least once,
which means either humans doing this on purpose or bots/machines craftily
finding "good" addresses to put in the From: field. I routinely make such
members moderated again to make sure it was just a one-time thing. As you all
know, spam in general tends to not be a one-time thing...