Re: [bagder/curl] eefeb7: curl_sasl: Extended native DIGEST-MD5 cnonce to be...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 11:41:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014, GitHub wrote:

> Rather than use a short 8-byte hex string, extended the cnonce to be
> 32-bytes long, like Windows SSPI does.
>
> Used a combination of random data as well as the current date and time for
> the generation.

Hi Steve,

If we really want to add more "randomness", wouldn't it be better to call
Curl_rand() two more times instead? It is getting "real" random data from the
underlying TLS/crypto library and that is bound to be safer than adding the
current time.

Also, you accidentally added tv_sec twice - I figured one of them at least
(curl_sasl.c line 462) was meant to be tv_usec ?