Static Library Compilation - Borland

From: Jon Torrey <ntox101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:17:15 -0400

Hi all,

*Background :*

Previously in the past, I had an active topic on resolving the error of not
being able to complete a build using the Borland compiler, or in this case,
'make borland'. The cause of this was that the new /vtls features were not
added into the Makefile. Just for reference here is the thread :

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2014-05/0025.html

We did in fact solve the issue ( I think )

*Problem : *

After building and compiling, I get an .exe which I run. When executing
the .exe, I run into :

curl_easy_perform() failed: Unsupported protocol
Error Buffer = Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl

I am using Code::Blocks IDE with Borland C++ 5.5 Compilier

*Building the library statically :*

My CFLAGS are -DCURL_STATICLIB inside Makefile.b32

and my #defines in config-win32.h are as follows :

#define CURL_DISABLE_FTP
#define CURL_DISABLE_LDAP
#define CURL_DISABLE_TELNET
#define CURL_DISABLE_DICT
#define CURL_DISABLE_FILE
#define CURL_DISABLE_TFTP

After creating the library statically, I get four output files :

libcurl.dll
libcurl.lib
libcurl.tds
libcurl_imp.lib

*NOTE: *If needed, I can post my C::B configuration, but only if absolutely
needed. This thread is not intended to grant support with C::B.