Re: libcURL on AIX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 20:44:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 May 2014, Perreault, Marc wrote:

> We have installed libcURL (version 7.15) on our AIX 5.2 system but it seems
> there is a bug with calls to https with certificate. We get http 401
> unauthorized errors.

That version was released over 8 years ago! We have made over 1400 bugfixes
since.

But the 401 error is in the HTTP layer so it isn't a problem with the
certificate. You wouldn't have reached the HTTP level then.

> This version works fine with https with certificate but it is kind of scary
> to have a new version of ssh.

HTTPS uses SSL/TLS, not SSH.

> What is the possibility of upgrading the lpp IBM version to a higher
> version?

You tell me! I'd like to quote the little box on the right on the download
page:

   "The cURL project only provides source packages. All other packages are
   kindly provided by external persons and organizations."