Re: Inconsistent text case using CURLINFO_EFFECTIVE_URL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 11:58:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 May 2014, mtroispont_at_hush.com wrote:

> Nevertheless, when manipulating strings, we all now that equivalent doesn't
> mean equal.
>
> sha1('a') != sha1('A')

http://example.com/ and http://example.com/ are the exact same URL so handling
them as different ones is a bug in *your* code... The host name parts can also
differ in case in fact.

> Sure, I can give it a try, just give me some leads about where to look.

I think the easiest way to address this is to lowercase the "scheme" name that
is used in all instances of "struct Curl_handler" which each protocol has at
least one of - many have at least two.