Re: Building libcurl with Borland BCC5.5 compiler

From: Jon Torrey <ntox101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 11:47:59 -0400

1. After read the instructions in GIT-INFO, I ran buildconf.bat and then a
simple make borland inside the root of curl-master. I now get the same
error as I did with item # 2, where it does not know how to make it.

Honestly, I typically don't ever prefer to do these types of things inside
Windows, but there is no other way that I know of.

2. Setting OBJDIR to . instead of .\BCC_objs causes a syntax error on lines
143, 144, 145. Also creating the directory prior to make does not change
anything. Maybe I forgot to mention, but the output from the DOS window
was only after I had ran into the error and trying to make again. Here is
ouput of the last few lines:

        bcc32 -q -c -5 -O2 -tWM -w -w-aus -w-ccc -w-dup -w-prc -w-pro
-w-rch -w-
sig -w-spa -w-inl -w-pia -w-pin -Dinline=__inline
-o.\BCC_objs\curl_sasl_sspi.ob
j .\BCC_objs\curl_sasl_sspi.int
.\BCC_objs\curl_sasl_sspi.int:
Fatal: 'vtls/openssl.obj' does not exist - don't know how to make it

3. After doing a file grep inside the root of curl-master for openssl.obj,
I only found one instance of it.

File C:\curl-master\lib\Makefile.vc6:
618 $(DIROBJ)\openssl.obj \

I have also set my openssl path to the appropriate location inside
Makefile.b32

I have also done a search and cannot find openssl.obj on my system, meaning
it must be created during the build process.