Re: File upload error SFTP.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 00:39:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014, john gloster wrote:

> libcurl/7.19.7 NSS/3.14.0.0 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.18 libssh2/1.4.2

I'm sure we've fixed seveal SFTP problems since that version.

> (1)I am not able to upload files of size around 85.71MB(89882670)
>
> I see "Failed sending data to the peer".
> What is the maximum size of the file that i can successfully upload using
> SFTP?

I think the maximum is a 64bit file size. 18446744073709551615 bytes or so.

> However, i noticed that the file was uploaded properly(as far as file size
> is concerned) when this error occurs.

Noticed how?

> Does this mean that the uploaded file could be corrupt and hence must not be
> considered for processing even if the uploaded file size is same as the
> source file?

You get that error because libcurl detected an error condition, what exactly
that means on byte level at the destination is impossible to tell for sure.

> (3) During RENAME operation under SFTP i see that error code is
> CURLE_REMOTE_FILE_NOT_FOUND even though the file is renamed to destination
> path. I set the source file path as the CURLOPT_URL for rename operation.

I would expect that means the SFTP server returns an error...

> (3) Is CURLINFO_SIZE_UPLOAD based on number of bytes written to SFTP
> Destination disk?

No. curl can't know what is stored on disk or if a disk is used at all. The
counter is based on how many bytes that have been sent without any error.