Re: Porting cURL into a new build system (fwd)

From: Fabian Frank <fabian.frank.de_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 16:34:32 -0700

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 4:30 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Forwarded with permission.

As Daniel pointed out, do a regular configure as close to what you need as
possible and look at the resulting config.h, modify by hand if needed. This
is how I cross-compiled cURL to various different platforms in my last job,
where we already had our own make based build system that could cross
compile, so it was easier to just describe cURL for that. If you only need
to compile for the host, I'd try to do what Daniel suggests, use the
existing build mechanism. The "danger" with having your own one size fits
all config.h is that you have to always settle for the smallest/lowest
common subset/functionality of all your target platforms. This might or
might not be acceptable to you.

> Like, what does the config.h file (I guess configure would normaly create
> one) need so that cURL runs properly, and which sources would then need to
> be compiled?

A good starting point are the various Android.mk files for cURL that allow
you to build cURL with the Android NDK. They list the necessary header and
source files. For example
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/curl/+/master/Android.mk.

HTH,
Fabian