RE: CURL SMTP - Bypass Authentication

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 07:42:19 +0000

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014, Tom Sparrow wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your reply. Changes suggested by you has
> solved the issue. I have tested it on latest code base.

No problem and thank you for verifying the fix.

The only problem I foresee with this, is if the server supports
authentication but it supports a mechanism that we don't recognise. This
would then get caught by this if statement as authmechs would be zero but
technically it should fail with "No supported mechanisms".

I will give it some further thought, as I have an idea for a fuller fix -
but in the meantime I would like to hear from some of the more experienced
contributors (Daniel, Dan F and others) to see if this should be a supported
use case.

Kind Regards

Steve