Re: multi / libevent issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:47:28 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, John Dunn wrote:

> When things get wonky I never get the initial callback to
> CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION, all I see is
>
> - create the CURL using curl_easy_init and initialize
> - add to multi via curl_multi_add_handle
>
> The documentation states that if I have a CURLMOPT_TIMERFUNCTION set ( I do
> ) that callback will be called within the curl_multi_add_handle - when
> things fail this is not the case. Looking through the source I see a few
> places where that function might return silently without error ( multi.c
> line 2561 ) but as far as I know the CURLM is still valid.

multi.c line 2561 in 7.35.0 is Curl_expire() getting called with a NULL multi
pointer. I don't see how that's happening in a functional case.

But if your deescription is indeed correct and you don't get that 1ms timeout
callback then something is seriously not working as supposed.
curl_multi_add_handle() is not complicated and I think you can instrument it
with printf()s or single-step with a debugger to figure out what's going on!