Re: FW: Calling curl_multi_socket_action after unpausing is not intuitive

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 23:22:29 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, Damian Lezama wrote:

> Unpausing a transfer happens in a completely different part of the logic. It
> is still part of the main loop, or else things could get really complicated.
> What I expected to happen, was having my socket and/or timer callbacks
> called by curl when unpausing, so when I went into the wait again my state
> was correct.

You mean you'd like them directly from within the unpause function? Yeah, I
can see how that could be useful. I was only wary of adding such a behavior to
the code as perhaps that would cause some interesting side-effects to existing
applications if we would do that. Or do you think I'm being overly cautious?

> Just my 2 cents, I believe many people will fall into the same trap, since
> the behavior is not intuitive.

It also points to the documentation not being good enough. You should of
course have been told in there how it works and what to expect from it... Do
you have any suggestion on how we can clarify it?