Re: How to change the content sent by Describe method of RTSP

From: <jeremy_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:45:08 +0000

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014, at 8:03, zy wu wrote:
> I want to use the RTSP to receive stream data,  but when connected to the IP Camera need
> permission.

This is a little tricky, there is an outstanding bug with RTSP
authentication using libcurl. There is a temporary patch you can apply
to your own copy of libcurl posted here
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2014-02/0008.html

To modify the rtsp.c example code for authentication, add the following
lines to rtsp_options().

char *username = "username";
char *password = "password";

    my_curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_ANY);
    my_curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_USERNAME, username);
    my_curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PASSWORD, password);