Re: libcurl linking problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:28:11 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014, Huw Gallon wrote:

> I am attempting to build a fairly simple application in gcc C (on Redhat
> Linux 6.3) which will use libcurl API functions to send email confirmation
> of various events and actions to other users on the same network. I am
> having difficulty building the application. I can compile the source into an
> object file but not link this into an application. The output from the build
> script is below (apologies for length.) The salient points are the
> unreferenced functions des_set_odd_parity, des_set_key and des_ecb_encrypt,
> and the unreferenced type (presumably) __ctype_b.

__ctype_b is usually provided by the standard libc linker files. Something odd
is happening when you don't get that provided.

> DES_set_odd_parity, DES_set_key and DES_ecb_encrypt are all in libcrypto.so,
> but the case does not match those required by libcurl.

See lib/curl_html_core.c, the lower case versions are for OpenSSL 0.9.7 or
later. Otherwise uppercase. It would hint that you have a mixed setup where
you compile with one version and link with another. Or something like that.

> Calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes.

Good to know.