Re: HTTP2 moves forward

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 08:37:36 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa wrote:

> As a mitigation of HPACK threat, new implementation draft will introduce a
> flag which tells HPACK encoder not to use header table for that header field
> name/value pair. To implement this, I plan to add new flag field to
> nghttp2_nv. This change will certainly break MAKE_NV macro in libcurl code
> (and many in nghttp2 applications). Since libcurl is built against the git
> version of nghttp2, I'll send a patch to fix it in libcurl. If you guys have
> better idea, please let me know.

I think it is fine. A) We don't mind a moving target during this development
and B) we already have a check #if NGHTTP2_VERSION_NUM >= 0x000400 for the
callbacks struct so I guess we can use it for the MAKE_NV too - at least for a
while until we have a release version of nghttp2 to prefer and then we can
deprecate support any older version of nghttp2.

IMHO of course!