RE: single thread with multi or multiple threads with easy+share+openssl locking?

From: Yehezkel Horowitz <horowity_at_checkpoint.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:04:07 +0000

>> I assume there might be other things, but the first come to my mind is
>> the reuse of the connections.
>>
>> If some of your URLs are to the same host:port, you can benefit the
>> re-usage of TCP connections which is seamlessly managed by curl_multi_
>> API (of course you can disable the re-use if needed).

>Do I read this correctly: does this mean that even when you are not explicitly re-using easy objects multi still takes case of persistance over various calls?
Yes (of course you can use CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT or CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE to prevent the re-use).

Look at "Sharing Data Between Easy Handles" in http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-tutorial.html for more info.
You can also look at section " Multiple Transfers Using the multi Interface" (same URL) for general information about multi.

Regards,
Yehezkel Horowitz