single thread with multi or multiple threads with easy+share+openssl locking?

From: Bram de Jong <bram.dejong_at_native-instruments.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:21:22 +0100

Hello all,

We would like to wrap libcurl into some queuing/threading for easy usage
in various applications and we were wonderting what precisely the
(dis)advantage are to using either one or the other technique...

I.e. we have a lot of URL's that will need querying and are wondering if
we should work down our queue of urls by using either one thread for
each URL, with a possibly re-cycled easy running in that thread, or one
single thread to do all URL's, but rather use a multi and feed it new
easy objects at the right time.

Are there any additional pitfalls we need to be aware of except
non-shared data (which could be fixed with the share interface as far as
I understand it) and the openssl locking...

greetings,

  - Bram

--
Bram de Jong