RE: --disable-manual broken

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:33:52 +0000

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> > Are there any build configurations that don't copy or include the stub
> > file? If there are then adding the #ifdef back into the tool_hugehelp.h
> > and adding a #ifdef USE_MANUAL around the stub in tool_hugehelp.c
> > .cvs would also fix the problem - I believe.
>
> I don't know if there are any configurations that don't include the stub
> file.

Cool :)

> If that #define hugehelp() was only added for the first time a few days
> ago, then it's safe to say that all configurations must have used some
kind
> of hugehelp() stub, and removing that macro would be the right fix.

The calls for version info, help and manual were being performed in
tool_getparam whilst the call for engine info was being performed in
tool_operate. As such I have moved the former calls so all info type
function calls are performed in operate - which means that the code in
tool_getparam is solely responsible for getting parameters and all the calls
for info are in one place ;-)

However, tool_getparam.c was conditionally including tool_hugehelp.h with
USE_MANUAL whilst tool_operate.c doesn't do this. I thought it best to use
the nop statement in tool_hugehelp.h as that seems to be the more common way
to do this sort of thing and means I don't have to mess up the code around
the hugehelp() call with similar #ifdefs ;-)

Anyway, I digressed a bit there... The old code would not have defined the
hugehelp() function as it wouldn't have included tool_hugehelp.h. With the
partial revert we are technically defining the function even if USE_MANUAL
isn't defined. I honestly don't know if this is an issue or not and as such
value your input.

Cheers

Steve