Re: CURLOPT_PROXYHEADER getting closer

From: Ray Satiro <raysatiro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 19:06:40 -0500

On 2/20/2014 5:38 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Ray Satiro wrote:
>
>> I'm curious why not use branches on github for things like this?
>
> Would that really make code reviewing or commenting of my patches easier?
>
> I always have like 30 local branches with development and bug-fixing
> going on, I like being able to rebase, kill, create and whatever at
> will without consideration so I kind of never really consider pushing
> work to a separate (public) branch. This is just the patch set for one
> of those branches.
>
> The few times I've tried using remote branches before in the curl
> project, basically nobody cared about them anyway.

I'm not suggesting what you're thinking which I think is to push your
local work branches. I was thinking of feature branches and how it works
for people who test and contribute. I was also thinking of myself
because I've gotten into the habit of seeing in a browser the changes
between two branches, compare/b1...b2 commenting on a line etc. You have
something substantial you are making public now so why not push that
(squashed or maybe not) on a feature branch. Branches are cheap as you
know and you can do away with them and not pollute.

Daniel surely someone cares, the guy who wants it and curious people
like me :) But to your question, would it make it easier, I guess that's
best answered by your list.