RE: [bagder/curl] 623914: warnless: add wrapper function for read and write on Windows

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:14:59 +0000

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > I was wondering if we should provide compatibility with POSIX 64-bit
> > builds by looping inside the curlx_read() and curlx_write() functions
> > if "count" is greater than the max of an unsigned int?
>
> I can't imagine when that would ever happen! Can you?

I must admit I don't know the code that uses read() and write() that well,
so it may be that we are chunking things up or using fixed size buffer
anyway ;-)

If we're not then, theatrically, I guess it could happen with really, really
large data but then we have a difference between 32-bit and 64-bit builds of
POSIX where the size of size_t varies anyway.

To be honest, it was one of those whimsical thoughts I have every now and
again and as such I just wanted to put some feelers out to see what peoples
thoughts were ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve